This page contains information for the “Visa On Arrival” processing, and hence the requirements are not applicable for “E-Visa” processing!
Vietnam is one of the most popular travel destinations in Southeast Asia. Every year thousands of tourists travel to Vietnam and not without any reasons! Vietnam enchants with its unique climate, its extraordinary flora & fauna and its diverse landscape. You will find breathtaking natural landscapes in the north, the City of Lanterns Hoi An or the hectic, yet exciting metropolitan areas around Saigon or Hanoi. Varied tours that combine modernity and antiquity are among the absolute highlights in Vietnam. You can also learn a lot about Vietnams culture and the religions represented there – Buddhism, Islam or the Hoa Hao. Many of our tourists claim that they found this diversity particularly interesting and enriching during their vacation. But of course, there are clear guidelines from the government, especially with regard to the Vietnam Visa Requirements.
Which conditions must be met? Which documents are to be submitted? What is the process from application to entry? These and many more questions have to be answered. But don’t worry, we try to make the whole application process as easy and time-saving as possible. We give you a detailed overview of the specific Vietnam visa requirements that you will be well informed about the entire process and you don’t have to deal with any unexpected document requests or fees regarding the visa.
137 countries are accepted through our the Vietnam Visa and Immigration System
Anyhow, there can be different Vietnam visa requirements depending on your home country. Quite a few countries have imposed tough visa restrictions, but Vietnam is considered a very hospitable and open country. As an accredited visa agency, VIETNAM VISA ONLINE offers you a particularly simple, intuitive and effective system. You have a different nationality than the United States? No problem, because with our system we are able to support Vietnam travelers of different nationalities. In concrete terms, 137 countries are accepted via our system. Check out the various Vietnam visa restrictions down below.
However, there are special cases and nationalities where it‘s not possible to apply for the visa online. The Vietnam Visa Requirements then provide the classic course through the local Vietnamese consulate or embassy. Nor can we fully assure you that the application for your nationality can be successfully transmitted. The Vietnam Visa Requirements are constantly changing as the current diplomatic relations between the two countries are crucial.
You can find the list of different countries below and also get more information about the visa requirements. Don’t worry, should you be overwhelmed with the Vietnam visa requirements for your home country at first, please contact our reliable and professional staff. They are perfectly familiar with the various Vietnam visa requirements and will be happy to assist you with any special questions or cases. Normally the application process does not cause any problems as the Vietnam visa requirements are not that complicated in general. So don’t worry!
Need more? For a first information you can call us anytime or reach us via our live chat. So we can determine right away whether the current Vietnam Visa Requirements are still up-to-date or need to be revised. All this is of course absolutely non-binding and free of charge for you.
What do I need for getting a visa for Vietnam?
As a rule, we offer you the so-called Visa on Arrival, which you can apply for completely digitally and without submitting any original documents. You must comply with the basic Vietnam Visa Requirements and submit an application through our accredited Visa Online Portal. This is a particularly easy and time-saving process regarding the visa. Nevertheless, you should inform yourself well about the Vietnam Visa requirements and whether a Visa on Arrival is even possible for your citizenship. Also remember to send in all necessary documents to make the process as uncomplicated as possible. Here are the requirements for this type of visa:
- Passport: with at least two blank pages for the entry stamp and six months validity after arrival in Vietnam. Temporarily valid passports or other travel documents are generally not accepted. Please pay attention to the validity date of your passport! If your passport is not valid for more than 6 months, the Vietnam Visa requirements do not allow us to issue a visa for you.
- Visa registration letter: which will be sent to you immediately after payment by e-mail. Without this document no entry is possible. So remember to take this document with you on your vacation.
- Two passport photos: that are current and show you with your face straight and without glasses. You must be clearly visible and identifiable. So make sure to have high quality photos professionally taken by you in advance to meet the Vietnam Visa requirements.
- Vietnam visa stamp: which must be paid in cash upon arrival in Vietnam. So please keep in mind the Vietnam Visa requirements, which only allow cash. But don’t worry, you can also find ATM machines at the airport if necessary.
- NA1 form.
Information on the individual Vietnam Visa Requirements by groups
There are basically three groups of nationalities, each with different Vietnam Visa Requirements.
- Group 1 includes countries such as the United States, Germany, Canada or Argentina. If you have one of these nationalities, you can use the simple online procedure. Here you will find the complete list.
- Group 2 includes all countries for which special Vietnam Visa Requirements apply. This is associated with an increased need for time, due to diplomatic relations. These Vietnam Visa Requirements mainly affect African countries, Middle Eastern countries and those in the Indian subcontinent.
- Group 3 includes citizens of certain countries who can visit Vietnam without a visa for a certain length of stay. Usually between 14 and 30 days. However, this only applies to tourist trips, also certain Vietnam Visa Requirements must be met. You’ll find more about it here.
Take advantage of our special service and sit back and relax. We take care of the most important aspects and thus ensure an eventful trip to Vietnam. For further inquiries we are at your disposal anytime!
NATIONALITY GROUP WITH NORMAL VIETNAM VISA REQUIREMENTS
Most nationalities are categorized in this first group with the mandatory Vietnam visa requirement to apply Vietnam visa before they enter Vietnam.
As informed, the applicant will submit the online visa application and pay related online fee at: Apply online, before receiving official visa approval letter by email and fly to Vietnam airport to get visa stamp after landing.
Below is the list of most popular nationalities with Vietnam visa mandatorily required:
- Czech Republic
NATIONALITY GROUP WITH SPECIAL VIETNAM VISA REQUIREMENTS
Citizens of this group are listed in the special nation list to obtain Vietnam visa. It takes more time for The Vietnam Immigration Department to verify and approve visa for them. (This is only the reflection of diplomatic relations between the Governments, not the individual issues). So if you come from one of these countries, remember to take care of your visa in advance. Unfortunately, the requirements do not allow a quick procedure, as it might appear with other countries. So don’t be surprised if you have to wait longer for a response. However, there is no need to worry, our reliable staff will take care of your request and checks whether you meet all the Vietnam visa requirements. Below is the list of nationalities with special visa requirements (mostly African countries, whole Middle Eastern countries and Indian-subcontinent countries):
Accordingly, the visa approval letter processing fee is higher and there are further documents required for the process, including:
- Passport main page copy.
- Paid bookings of the return flight ticket (into and out of Vietnam).
- Paid bookings of the hotel reservations during Vietnam trip.
- 02 working days
- 02 working days
- 01 working days
- 04 working hours
The processing fee can also be checked when you submit online application and select your nationality at: Apply online.
The verification and entry approval proceeded by The Vietnam Immigration Department takes 01-02 working days before you receive the result. If approved, your visa approval letter would be issued and emailed to you within the mentioned timeframe.
For further questions please contact us via email: email@example.com
NATIONALITY GROUP WITH VIETNAM VISA EXEMPTION PRIVILEGE
Citizens of certain countries may visit Vietnam without a visa for with certain length of staying (from 14 days to 30 days visa-free staying). The following is the list of nationalities that have visa exemption agreements with Vietnam, unilaterally or bilaterally. This visa-exemption privilege applies for TOURISM VISIT PURPOSE ONLY. If you are coming for business or other reasons, the Vietnam Visa requirements still state that you must apply for a visa.
To get Vietnam visa exemption, the travelers are required with below conditions:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following their date of arrival in Vietnam
- Passport has at least 02 blank pages
- Their trip duration must match with the exempted length of stay permitted for each nationality
- Between the two consecutive exempted entries, they must wait for at least 01 month (01 month’s waiting time is from their exit date of the latest visa-exempted stay to the next available visa-exempted entry)
Eligible Vietnam visa-free passengers will get the immigration seal as follows on passport, with visa validity written by the visa counter policemen.
NATIONALITIES WITH VIETNAM VISA-EXEMPTION PRIVILEGE
As of January 2019, regular passport holders of 23 countries DO NOT need a visa for Vietnam. Here is the list of visa waiver countries for Vietnam:
The above information about Vietnam visa exemption is provided for informational purposes only, please double check with the official authorities in your current country before departure.
- Belarus: 15 days
- Brunei: 14 days
- Cambodia: 30 days
- Chile: 90 days
- Denmark: 15 days
- Finland: 15 days
- France: 15 days
- Germany: 15 days
- Indonesia: 30 days
- Italy: 15 days
- Japan: 15 days
- Laos: 30 days
- Malaysia: 30 days
- Myanmar [Burma]: 14 days
- Norway: 15 days
- Philippines: 21 days
- Russia: 15 days
- Singapore: 30 days
- South Korea: 15 days
- Spain: 15 days
- Sweden: 15 days
- Thailand: 30 days
- United Kingdom: 15 days
- Foreign passports are exempted from visa requirements to Phu Quoc Island for no longer than 30 days if they fly directly to Phu Quoc island, not from the Vietnam mainland airports
- British National Overseas (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for the 15-day Vietnam visa exemption. They must apply for a visa to visit Vietnam
- Few countries are non-eligible for obtain Vietnam visa through online process; they need to instead contact local Vietnam embassy/consulate for the detailed instruction. If you cannot find your countries in all 03 groups, your nationality may not be available for this online visa process. Please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
If you have any further questions regarding special Vietnam Visa requirements, please contact our friendly staff. They are familiar with all the Vietnam Visa requirements and will help you to find the right visa for you. All the information about the different Vietnam Visa requirements can be a bit confusing at first sight. It is important for us that you feel comfortable with us and that you contact us directly with any doubts etc.
We wish you a great stay in Vietnam!