The best beaches in Vietnam: A selection
Vietnam is one of the most popular travel destinations in Asia. No wonder, considering the cultural and scenic diversity of the country! But not only package holidaymakers appreciate the heavenly beaches, the majestic rainforests and the imposing temple complexes – Vietnam is also becoming increasingly popular with backpackers.
Are you thinking of traveling to the land of smiles with a backpack? In this article you will learn everything you need to know for your round trip! We from VIETNAM VISA ONLINE hope you enjoy reading and have an unforgettable time!
Is Vietnam suitable for backpacking?
Whether classic relaxing vacation or backpacking – Vietnam is the right destination! Not only because of the countless beaches and cultural offerings, but also because of the two impressive metropolises Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon) and Hanoi. There is also a good rail link from north to south and a well-developed airline and bus network. These aspects ensure that the country is easy to travel.
Two more reasons for backpacking in Vietnam:
- Although it is not a classic "entry-level country" (e.g. Thailand), Vietnam can be traveled without much "backpacking experience".
- There are both "standard routes" and places with tourist infrastructure as well as experiences away from mass tourism.
Vietnam Backpacking – When is the best time to travel?
The question of the best season for backpacking in Vietnam is not that easy to answer. The country is divided into different climatic zones: North, South and Central Vietnam. The north is considered subtropical, while the south is tropical. And in Central Vietnam these two regions meet, so to speak: The temperatures are similar to those in the south, the climate is tropical and alternating with moisture and thus corresponds to the north.
But what is the best time for backpackers in Vietnam? Basically, you can say that they don't exist. In other words, the land of smiles is a year-round goal. Nevertheless, we would like to give you a few recommendations:
- The best way to travel to the south is between November and January.
- It is most pleasant in the north from November to May.
- Heavy rains and even floods can be expected in Central Vietnam from October to November. So these months are NOT the best time to travel to the center of the country. The climate, on the other hand, is dry from May to August. Then temperatures here are up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. If this is too extreme for you, the months of February to May are recommended for backpacking in Vietnam – the temperatures are usually around. between 80 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Which places should you visit when backpacking in Vietnam?
The answer to this question depends on what you want to see:
- Phu Quoc, Mui Ne and Con Dao and others are paradise islands with picturesque beaches.
- The typical rice terraces and imposing mountains with dense forests can be in Sa Pa and the many national parks in the country.
- Hoi An and Hue are culturally very valuable.
- You have never seen cities like Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City!
Note: As a backpacker in Vietnam, you cannot avoid visiting the world-famous Halong Bay.
Vietnam Backpacking – Which vaccinations are required?
The following vaccinations are recommended for backpacking in Vietnam. Note that this list is not exhaustive. Talk to your family doctor or another doctor (ideally with a focus on travel medicine). And early, because some vaccinations require multiple sessions!
- hepatitis A
These vaccinations are also recommended for longer stays and when traveling on certain routes:
- hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis
Note: The tropical institutes in your country are also a competent contact for vaccinations for Vietnam backpackers.
Vietnam Backpacking – Which documents shouldn't be missing?
Vietnam is not as bureaucratic as many others, and especially in western countries. However, you should never forget some documents at home! Above all, of course, the passport. This must be valid for at least six months upon entry. You can apply for the visa at a Vietnamese embassy. And either on site or online.
Attention: The online visa is only valid if you are entering the country via an international airport.
In addition to the passport and visa, the Vietnam backpacker cannot do without the following documents:
- Flight tickets
- Vaccination certificate
- Health insurance abroad
- Confirmations of reservations (hotels, rental cars, etc.)
Tip: It is advisable to copy all documents before starting your trip and to carry these copies with you when backpacking Vietnam. So you are on the safe side if you ever lose an original. A waterproof bag protects your documents from external influences.
What else do I need to know about Vietnam Backpacking?
As a backpacker in Vietnam, in addition to the documents mentioned, you should pack sun protection, anti-mosquito spray, bathing suit and the appropriate clothing. But don't worry: If you forget something, the country and especially the big cities offer you enough opportunities for shopping.