Vietnam is the long-awaited destination of many international travelers. Here in Southeast Asia, you will find peace and relaxation to disconnect from the hectic everyday life. Even in the extremely busy cities of Hanoi or Saigon. Vietnam is not without reason called the pearl of Southeast Asia. Step into an unknown world and experience first-hand how history shapes a country. Before that, however, we would like to brief you on the most important Vietnam Visa policies.
First of all: In practice, you do not really have to deal with all that, because VIETNAM VISA ONLINE, as an accredited visa agency, offers you an all-inclusive service. Sit back and enjoy the travel arrangements. You will love it!
What are the Vietnam Visa Policies based on?
There are not a few countries that are very good at keeping tourists out with very restrictive entry requirements. However, this does not apply to Vietnam, which is considered a very foreigner-friendly and open country. We would like to briefly outline the most important aspects of the Vietnam Visa Policy.
- The Ordinance on the Entry, Departure and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam of 28 April 2000 has made it possible for visa agencies like us to invite foreigners to Vietnam.
- This is conditional on, in particular, respecting the travel requirements of foreigners, regulating financial matters and ensuring cooperation with local government authorities in the event of problems.
Below we have prepared the essential documents for you to view.
Vietnam Visa Policy: How do I have to act locally?
We take on your behalf a variety of tasks and processes that are necessary to obtain a visa for Vietnam. The space on this page would not be enough to even begin to tell you how much bureaucracy that is. But you are assured: There are a lot of documents to submit and processes to meet the Vietnam Visa Policies. The laws of Vietnam oblige us to submit countless papers and documents to the Immigration Department. This includes, among other things, the letter of approval, which you need for the visa on arrival – if you enter Vietnam via an international airport.
This is also the reason why we have to charge you a fee to coordinate all these processes and to ensure them in your favor. However, this service charge is non-refundable and is payable by you, regardless of whether the application is approved or denied.
Important: In conjunction with the Vietnam Visa Policy, it may be necessary to contact the local embassy or consulate directly. Not in all cases we can provide you with the required Vietnam visa through our online portal. Here you will find more information about the special conditions as well as the documents and processes that characterize this process.
You would like to spend some nice days in Vietnam, get to know a new culture and communicate with the locals? Rely on our service to make your Vietnam trip as easy as possible. Further information on the Vietnam Visa Policy can be found here or in the individual sections of our website.
ORDINANCE ON ENTRY, EXIT AND RESIDENCE OF FOREIGNERS IN VIETNAM (No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 of April 28, 2000)
approved & singed on April 28, 2000 by Mr Nong Duc Manh – Chairman of Vietnam National Assembly saying:
1. Vietnamese agencies and organizations, Vietnam – based foreign agencies and organizations as well as international organizations, Vietnamese citizens and foreigners lawfully residing in Vietnam may invite foreigners into Vietnam.
2. Agencies, organizations and individuals that invite foreigners into Vietnam shall have to ensure the compliance with foreigners’ entry purposes, ensure financial matters and their cooperation with the State bodies to settle arising problems for foreigners.
DECREE No. 21/2001/ND-CP OF MAY 28, 2001 DETAILING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ORDINANCE ON ENTRY, EXIT AND RESIDENCE OF FOREIGNERS IN VIETNAM
approved & signed by Prime Minister Phan Van Khai saying:
1. Agencies assigned to assume the prime responsibility for receiving foreign guests into Vietnam at the invitation of the Party Central Committee, the National Assembly, the State President or the Government and guests of the equivalent level of ministers, vice ministers, presidents or vice presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities, shall send written notices on theinvitation and reception of foreign guests to the Consular Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Consular Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs shall notify the Vietnamese diplomatic missions or consular offices in foreign countries thereof, so that the latter grant visas to the above-said invited guests, and at the same time notify such to the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security.
For foreigners entering to work at the foreign diplomatic missions or consular offices, representative offices of the United Nations’ international organizations, the inter-governmental organizations based in Vietnam and their accompanying next of kin and servants, the above-said agencies shall have to send written notices on the invitation and reception of foreign guests to the Consular Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Consular Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs shall notify such in writing to the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security before notifying and requesting the Vietnamese diplomatic missions or consular offices in foreign countries to grant visas.
Within 2 working days after receiving the written notices, if it detects that the invited foreigners fall into cases not yet permitted for entry, the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security shall inform such to the Consular Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
2. Agencies, organizations and individuals that invite foreigners into Vietnam who are not specified in Clause 1 of this Article shall send written notices or requests to the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security.
The Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security shall notify its approval to the Vietnamese diplomatic mission or consular offices in foreign countries so that the latter grant visas to invited foreigners within 5 working days after the written notices or requests are received. If it detects that the invited foreigners fall into cases not yet permitted for entry, the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security shall inform the inviting agencies, organizations and/or individuals thereof.
3. Agencies, organizations and/or individuals that wish to have visas granted at Vietnam’s international border-gates to foreigners falling into cases specified in Article 6 of the Ordinance shall send written requests to the Exit and Entry Management Department of the Ministry of Public Security. In cases of application for visa granting at border-gates for urgent reasons, the written requests therefor must be filed at least 12 hours before the invited foreigners arrive at the border-gates.
JOINT CIRCULAR No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG OF JANUARY 29, 2002 GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE GOVERNMENT’S DECREE No. 21/2001/ND-CP OF MAY 28, 2001 DETAILING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ORDINANCE ON ENTRY, EXIT AND RESIDENCE OF FOREIGNERS IN VIETNAM
approved & signed on January 29, 2002 by Vietnam Foreign Affair Ministry & Vietnam Public Security.
D. No. 01/2012/TTLT-BCA-BNG JOINT CIRCULAR AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING THE MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY AND THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS’ JOINT CIRCULARS NO. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA BNG OF JANUARY 29, 2002, AND NO. 05/ 2009/TTLT-BCA BNG OF MAY 12, 2009, ON IMMIGRATION
To amend and supplement a number of articles and clauses of Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA-BNG of January 29, 2002, guiding the Government’s Decree No. 21/ 2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001, detailing the Ordinance on Entry, Exit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam.
1. To amend Clause 2, Section I, as follows:
a/ To amend phrase “written request” in the third line. Point a, into “written application for personal verification and approval for foreigners to enter Vietnam, made according to form N2 provided in this Circular”;
b/ To amend phrase “submit an application” in the first line, Point b, into “submit a visa sponsoring application for family members’ visit, made according to form N3 provided in this Circular”.
2. To amend phrase “application (made according to a set form)” in the second line, Point a. Clause 1, Section II, into “application for a Vietnamese visa, made according to form N1 provided in this Circular”.
In conclusion, we just extract some article to show you that we must establish legally under the laws of Vietnam & we have to provide a lot of papers and documents to the Vietnam Immigration Department in order to get approval letter for your visa on arrival at Vietnam International Airports. Therefore we have to charge you a fee that we called service fee in order to prepare papers, documents, send courier to submit your visa applications, queuing to get approval letter and scan to send it to your email, making sure your visa run smoothly on arrival at the airport of Vietnam.
You can contact directly at Vietnam embassy or consulate in your country to get a visa for entering Vietnam or contact Vietnam Immigration Department in person to get approval letter for picking up visa on arrival at international airport of Vietnam If you don’t want to pay us service fee as mentioned.
For more details about legal basis of Vietnam visa on arrival at international Airports, please see below:
- Ordinance on Entry Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam. Click here
- Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001 Detailing the Implementation of the Ordinance on Entry Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam. Click here
- Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG of January 29, 2002 Guiding the Implementation of the Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001 Detailing the Implementation of the Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam. Click here
- Circular 190/2012/TT-BTC – Amending and supplementing the circular No.66/2009/TT-BTC, of March 30, 2009 of the ministry of finance stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam.
VIETNAM PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN 2019
Here is a list of Vietnamese national public holidays in 2019. Kindly note that on these special days, the Vietnam Immigration Department closes, and no Vietnam visa Approval Letters are issued until the next normal business day (business days are Monday through Friday only and exclude Saturday and Sunday). Special holiday/weekend visa fee must be applied if visa approval letters are requested during these holiday/weekend periods.
- JAN 01 Western New Year’s Day
- FEB 20 to FEB 27 Vietnamese Lunar New Year
- APR 15 Hung Kings Temple Festival
- APR 30 Reunification Day
- MAY 01 International Labor Day
- AUG 19 Foundation Day of Vietnam Public Security System
- SEP 02 and SEP 03 National Independence Day (Marks Vietnam’s declaration of independence in 1945)